A clear solution specially formulated for mixing with International one pack finishes (Interlux Yacht Enamel, Toplac) and varnishes (Original, Goldspar, Schooner) to produce a variety of gloss, satin or matt effect finishes. For interior or exterior use.
IMPORTANT: The addition of Mating Additive to a finish or varnish will not affect the products application, drying or overcoating characteristics, nor will it affect the durability of the finished surface. When used with an International finish, the addition of Matting Additive will reduce the opacity, or hiding-power, of the product, so it is important that the necessary number of coats of un-matted finish has been applied first. As with all types of reducing-gloss coatings, the resulting finish will not have the same stay-clean properties as a full-gloss coating. For detailed product information refer to www.yachtpaint.com.
Application Details: - Matting Additive
- Area: Above the waterline
- Thinner/ Cleaner: YTA800 Thinners No.1
- Number of Coats: Variable
- Method of application: Brush, Roller, Conventional Spray.
- Follow the surface preparation instructions shown on the label of the finish or varnish to which the Matting Additive is being added.
- Stir both the finish (or varnish) and the Matting Additive well before use.
- Pour the required quantities of Matting Additive and finish or varnish into a container, and stir well.
HELPLINE: 02380 21 31 46 - www.yachtpaint.com . For Safety Data Sheet please click here.
- As a rough guide, a 50:50 mix will produce a satin effect similar to International Goldspar Satin Varnish.
- A full flat matt finish may be achieved by mixing a ratio of 25:75, where 75 is Matting Additive.
- For other application guidance, refer to the application details shown on the label of the finish or varnish to which the Matting Additive is being added.