International Primocon Antifouling - Underwater Primer 750ml
Product Code: PLYPA984-750
Free Mainland UK Delivery on orders over £100.
Description of International Primocon Antifouling - Underwater Primer 750ml:
Primocon is a grey, tar-free, quick drying, conventional primer for all substrates underwater. Also suitable as a barrier/ sealer coat over incompatible or unknown antifoulings. Can be used under all International antifoulings. Not suitable to be overcoated with 2-component solvent-based paints. For detailed product information refer to www.yachtpaint.com.
Application Details: - Interprotect
- Area: Below the waterline
- Finish/Sheen: Matt
- Thinner/ Cleaner: YTA085 Thinners No.3
- Number of Coats: 1-5 by brush or roller depending on the substrate.
- Method of application: Brush, Roller or Airless Spray.
|Temperature ºC ||Touch Dry ||Overcoating Time (Self)||Overcoating Time (Antifoul)||Immersion Time |
|Minimum||Maximum||Minimum ||Maximum ||Minimum||Maximum|
|5ºC||1.5 hours||3 hours||- ||6 hours||1 month||24 hours ||1 month|
|15ºC||1 hour||3 hours||-||3 hours||1 month||16 hours||1 month|
|23ºC||1 hour||3 hours||-||3 hours||1 month||11 hours||1 month|
|35ºC||1 hour||3 hours||-||3 hours||1 month||8 hours||1 month|
|WOOD:||Sand with 80-180 grade paper impregnate with Intertox if required. Pre-prime with Primocon thinned 10-15% with thinners no.3 (15-20% for oily woods).|
|PLYWOOD: ||Sand with 80-280 grade paper impregnate with Intertox if required and apply a coat of Crystal. |
|BARE GRP: ||Sand with 180-220 grade paper. |
|LEAD:||Rub down with an emery cloth or power wire brush. Degrease with Yacht Line Super Cleaner. Pre-prime with Etch Primer. |
|STEEL:||Grit blast SA2½ to 3. Use an angle grinder on small areas. Pre-prime with Primocon thinned 10-15% with thinners no.3.|
|ALUMINIUM:||Mechanically abrade with aluminium compatible sandpaper or low pressure grit blast using aluminium oxide. Pre-prime with Etch Primer. |
|ZINC/ GALVANISED STEEL:||Pre-prime with Etch Primer|
|PREVIOUSLY ANTIFOULED SURFACES: ||In good condition: Remove any loose or flaking material. Rinse with fresh water and allow to dry. |
In poor condition: Antifouling should be completely removed with Interstrip.
- If any filling required use the appropriate product from the Interfill range, after the first coat of Primocon has been applied.
- Ensure all dust is removed with a dust wipe before painting.
- Stir thoroughly before use.
- Apply the following number of coats:- Steel/ Aluminium/ Alloy/ Lead - 5, GRP - 1-2, Wood/ Plywood - 3, Barrier/ Sealer Coat - 1.
- Stir well before use.
- Drying times refer to brush and roller applications.
- If maximum overcoating time is exceeded, abrade thoroughly using 180 grade paper.
HELPLINE: 02380 21 31 46 - www.yachtpaint.com For Safety Data Sheet please click here.
Customers who bought this also purchased ...
Our Price £10.53
Our Price £21.59
Our Price £12.16
Our Price £88.95
Our Price £4.99
Our Price £17.99
Our Price £19.99
Our Price £15.99