International Primocon Antifouling - Underwater Primer 750ml
Product Code: PLYPA984-750
Free Mainland UK Delivery on orders over £50.
Description of International Primocon Antifouling - Underwater Primer 750ml:
Available in the UK ONLY
Due to shipping restrictions on this product we can only economically deliver this to UK destinations.
It is possible to ship overseas but the cost can be very high.
We can provide a quote for this, please contact us using the form at our support page here.
Primocon is a grey, tar-free, quick drying, conventional primer for all substrates underwater. Also suitable as a barrier/ sealer coat over incompatible or unknown antifoulings. Can be used under all International antifoulings. Not suitable to be overcoated with 2-component solvent-based paints. For detailed product information refer to www.yachtpaint.com.
Application Details: - Interprotect
- Area: Below the waterline
- Finish/Sheen: Matt
- Thinner/ Cleaner: YTA085 Thinners No.3
- Number of Coats: 1-5 by brush or roller depending on the substrate.
- Method of application: Brush, Roller or Airless Spray.
|Temperature ºC ||Touch Dry ||Overcoating Time (Self)||Overcoating Time (Antifoul)||Immersion Time |
|Minimum||Maximum||Minimum ||Maximum ||Minimum||Maximum|
|5ºC||1.5 hours||3 hours||- ||6 hours||1 month||24 hours ||1 month|
|15ºC||1 hour||3 hours||-||3 hours||1 month||16 hours||1 month|
|23ºC||1 hour||3 hours||-||3 hours||1 month||11 hours||1 month|
|35ºC||1 hour||3 hours||-||3 hours||1 month||8 hours||1 month|
|WOOD:||Sand with 80-180 grade paper impregnate with Intertox if required. Pre-prime with Primocon thinned 10-15% with thinners no.3 (15-20% for oily woods).|
|PLYWOOD: ||Sand with 80-280 grade paper impregnate with Intertox if required and apply a coat of Crystal. |
|BARE GRP: ||Sand with 180-220 grade paper. |
|LEAD:||Rub down with an emery cloth or power wire brush. Degrease with Yacht Line Super Cleaner. Pre-prime with Etch Primer. |
|STEEL:||Grit blast SA2½ to 3. Use an angle grinder on small areas. Pre-prime with Primocon thinned 10-15% with thinners no.3.|
|ALUMINIUM:||Mechanically abrade with aluminium compatible sandpaper or low pressure grit blast using aluminium oxide. Pre-prime with Etch Primer. |
|ZINC/ GALVANISED STEEL:||Pre-prime with Etch Primer|
|PREVIOUSLY ANTIFOULED SURFACES: ||In good condition: Remove any loose or flaking material. Rinse with fresh water and allow to dry. |
In poor condition: Antifouling should be completely removed with Interstrip.
- If any filling required use the appropriate product from the Interfill range, after the first coat of Primocon has been applied.
- Ensure all dust is removed with a dust wipe before painting.
- Stir thoroughly before use.
- Apply the following number of coats:- Steel/ Aluminium/ Alloy/ Lead - 5, GRP - 1-2, Wood/ Plywood - 3, Barrier/ Sealer Coat - 1.
- Stir well before use.
- Drying times refer to brush and roller applications.
- If maximum overcoating time is exceeded, abrade thoroughly using 180 grade paper.
HELPLINE: 02380 21 31 46 - www.yachtpaint.com For Safety Data Sheet please click here.
Customers who bought this also purchased ...
Our Price £11.99
Our Price £21.59
Our Price £8.99
Our Price £4.99
Our Price £88.95
Our Price £15.99
Our Price £17.99
Our Price £20.95