Deks Olje D2 2.5 litre
You save: £6.04 (7.02%)
Marinestore miles reward your loyalty with future discounts at the checkout. 200 miles earned equal a £1 reward discount. T&C’s apply - click here
This item is worth 400 Marine Miles points!
Deks Olje D2 may be used on any kind of woodwork above the waterline. Provides a varnish-like but flexible, gloss finish.
To Wood Already Treated With D1:
- Do not thin.
- Use a good varnish brush or roller.
- Deks Olje D2 should be applied in a minimum of 6 rich coats.
- Allow at least 12 hours of good drying between coats, i.e. one coat per day.
- The six coats should be applied within one month.
- No sanding needed between coats.
- If possible, allow to dry for three to four days before using.
- When applying D2 the air temperature should not be below 8-10ºC (45-50ºF)
- Do not apply in wet weather or late in the day when dew or fog may be expected. These conditions may dull a newly set film of D2 or cause it to 'blush'. (Exposure to sunlight will usually remove this discolouration)
- Keep finish free of salt by washing down periodically with fresh water.
- To renew a high-gloss finish, wet-sand the surface extremely lightly, using grit wet-or-dry paper no: 320, wipe the surface clean with a lint-free cloth dampened (dipped and rung out) with D1.
- Next day, apply one coat of D2 and, the following day, the second coat of D2, again without sanding between coats. Allow drying time as above.
- On wood thoroughly treated with D1, D2 should give approximately 15 sq/m per litre coverage for each coat.
- D2, whilst still wet, is easily removed from adjacent surfaces with white spirit.
- It is very difficult to remove after drying, so check during and immediately after application to clean up any drips, splatters or 'runovers'.
- Brushes and roller should be cleaned with White Spirit.
- D2 may be slippery when wet, so many prefer protecting traffic decks with D1 by itself.
- Pour unused material into a smaller container so it is not exposed to air and seal tightly.
No Reviews Yet!