Owatrol Deks Olje D1 Wood Oil 2.5 litre
This item is worth 350 Marine Miles points!
Deks Olje D1 Wood Oil has been formulated for use with dense, oily and difficult to impregnate woods and can be used on either vertical or horizontal surfaces. Great in heat, it protects against humidity, as well as any potential damage from UV rays. A great stand alone product, it can also be used as a primer for conventional single pack coatings and decorative finishes. For an intense high gloss finish, topcoat with Deks Olje D2
- Coverage of 1 to 4m squared per litre and 8 to 10 for maintenance
- Tools required of brush or roller, or a sprayer if for maintenance only
- Suitable for interior and exterior use
- Clean up with white spirit
- Drying time of 24 hours
- Recoating time of apply wet on wet
- Suitable for all hardwoods above and below the waterline
- All surface areas must be clean, dry and clean from dirt, grease, grime, mildew or previous coatings. Treat any residual mildew with a half and half bleach and water solution. Scrub the solution on and allow to stand for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing the ares thoroughly.
- Allow the wood to dry for 2 to 3 days before applying Deks Olje D1. D1 can only be applied to bare wood or weathered wood that was previously treated with Deks Olje D1. Any other treatments must be thoroughly removed first. You may need to sand the surface with 100 grit paper recommended.
- New wood requires sanding with 100 grit paper to open the pores and then degreasing with methylated spirits.
- Untreated wood requires cleaning with Net-Trol to remove any loose wood, dirt and any other contaminants.
- Previously oiled wood must be thoroughly stripped and neutralised with Net-Trol before applying Deks Olje D1.
- Previously coated surfaces must have paint, stain, varnish or waterproofers removed with Dilunett and neutralised with Net-Trol before applying Deks Olje D1.
- Please note that hardwoods may darken with Dilunett. Neutralising with Net-Trol immediately after rinsing will lighten and restore the woods colour.
- Begin by applying Deks Olje D1 to an area that can be covered in about 15 minutes. Once the first application has been absorbed, taking about 15 to 30 minutes, begin the next application. Continue to apply coats wet on wet until you have a uniform finish and the overall saturation of the wood is achieved.
- Cover everything that you do not wish to be painted, apply between 5 and 35 degrees C and do not apply in direct sunlight or onto a hot surface.
- DO NOT allow Deks Olke D1 to dry or become touch dry between coats. Leave the final coat for 30 minutes and then wipe over to remove any excess with a rag soaked in Deks Olje D1 and rung out so that it is only damp to touch. Keep wringing out the cloth as needed to keep it damp to touch. It is vital that as much Deks Olje D1 is applied on the first day.
- Allow 3 days for Deks Olje to set up and dry before use, or using in a marine environment or before moving on to the application of Deks Olje D2.
- Please note that any materials soaked in Deks Olje D1 may catch fire if not discarded responsibly. Saturate the material with water after use, or place in a sealed water filled metal container before disposing as normal.
- To maintain the appearance of Deks Olje D1 you can regularly wash with Net-Trol. The treated surfaces will gradually lighten over time with UV exposure, when the wood has lightened to a light grey colour it is time to reapply a maintenance application. Clean the surface with Net-trol and then apply Deks Olje D1, usually 1 to 2 coats us suitable to saturate the wood and restore the finish.
No Reviews Yet!